Just ahead of the official launch, details of a brand new touchscreen-cum-keyboard Blackberry Passport called Silver Edition have been leaked online allegedly by a Swiss retailer.
The earlier Blackberry Passport did not find many fans mostly because of its ultra-premium price tag, but the new silver-coloured Blackberry Passport called Silver Edition will likely come at a reasonable price of $539.99 USD to facilitate sales. The specs are mostly expected to remain the same, it is the body that is expected to change to match the new price. The high-end steel frame and sharp corners will be replaced by rounded edges and a simpler back. According to the leak, the tech specs of the new Silver Edition are:
- 5 inches (1440 x 1440) display with 453 ppi
- 2 GHz Quad-core Krait 400 Qualcomm MSM8974AA Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- BlackBerry 10.3.2 pre-installed
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Storage expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP primary camera with OIS and Flash and 2MP secondary/front camera
- 3450 mAh non-removable battery (up to 30 hours of battery life)
Since the 13MP camera with with f/2.0 was present in the original model, people are expecting an upgrade especially after, CEO John Chen’s tweet in June where he mentioned an upgrade for the camera.
The official North America launch announcement date has not been revealed but the rumour mill suggests it might be today. So watch out for the news and in the meantime, tell us what you expect from the new Blackberry.