While the world is busy debating whether the upcoming Galaxy Note 5 will have an Exynos 7422 Soc processor or a Snapdragon one, Samsung has quietly put its next offering on the market – the new Galaxy A8 which is its slimmest smartphone yet.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 is spectacularly built; a metallic body that is not only is it a mere 5.9mm thin but also weighs only 151 grams and has a metal bezel that is almost non-existent giving the illusion of a bezel-less screen! The phone is available in stunning variants of Black, White and Gold but sadly, it has only been released in China. However, the Samsung grapevine is hoping for a US release pretty soon.
Features wise the phone is as good as it gets with a 5.7-inch HD OLED display, an octa-core Snapdragon chip, a stunning 16MP rear and 5MP front camera and a massive 3050 mAh battery that will keep this phone running for longer hours of gaming, surfing or just chatting or up to 304 hours of standby time. Here is a quick look at the full tech specs of the Galaxy A8:
- 7-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-core, 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (four Cortex-A53 cores at 1.5GHz + four Cortex-A53 cores at 1.0GHz)
- Adreno 405 GPU
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS overlaid with TouchWiz UI
- Dual-SIM slots without microSD/Single-SIM with microSD support
- 16MP autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash f/1.9 and 5MP wide-angle front camera
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB or 32GB with support for microSD card up to 128GB
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- USB 2.0.
- 3,050mAh battery
Though the main USP of the phone is its stunning metal body, Samsung has added a couple of goodies like fingerprint sensor (also the home button) and hand-wave detection to activate a photo timer.