All 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperia Android Phones To Get Android 4.0 Update This April!
Sony Ericsson has just announced that it will be updating the 2011 Sony Experia phones to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS very soon. According to the blog post, Sony Ericsson Xperia ICS update will be rolled out to all 2011 Xperia series phones by April.
These devices include Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, Neo V, Xperia Play, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Pro, Xperia Active and Xperia Live among many others. The updates are set to roll out in late March or early April next year.
The update will be made available over the air, and will be rolled out to users across the globe in batches. Head past the break for more details.
Below is a summary of the process in Sony Ericsson’s words:
- It starts with public push when we as a manufacturer get access to the new Android release from Google
- Our developers take the existing Xperia™ software and combine it with the new Android release
- Once the coding is done we want to make sure the quality of the new software meets our, our partners and your expectations
- Now we feel the new software is ready but we also need to make sure it’s approved by our external partners
- All good. We’re all set to roll-out the new software. The story continues in your Xperia™ smartphone
Since there are a variety of Xperia phones in the market, the update will be rolled out in installments. You will be notified of the availability of the update when it’s ready for prime time consumption.
As Sony Ericsson explains:
“With the holiday season around the corner, we’re happy to confirm that the first 2011 Xperia™ smartphones will be upgraded to Android 4.0 starting from end March/early April 2012. The first smartphones to get the upgrade are Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo V and Xperia™ ray. Soon after, starting from end April/early May, Xperia™ arc, Xperia™ PLAY, Xperia™ neo, Xperia™ mini and mini pro, Xperia™ pro, Xperia™ active as well as Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™ will get their upgrades. ”
Click here to know more.
We will keep you posted as more details surface. Stay tuned!