iPad Buyers on eBay, Follow the Steps to Avoid Scams!
While quite a few of us in US were queuing up at the apple stores last night, fanboys from other parts of the world couldn’t do much but see a collage of pictures and videos of people waiting in lines swirling around the block.
You’ll be happy to know that some of them waiting in the queue might actually have been waiting to get you an iPad. Yes, you. The moment I got back home with my “Magical” iPad, I immediately logged on to eBay to check how much was it selling for.
While the selling price seemed reasonable enough for the luxury of getting an iPad without pre-ordering or even waiting outside an Apple store, the more exciting part of the promotion was the line which said “Worldwide Shipping”.
Thanks you eBay, now you can buy iPad in UK, Canada or even buy iPad in India. Just place your order and it ships in about 2 weeks. Most of the current orders that are being placed on eBay will be shipped after 10th of April.
If you are an international buyer placing an order from India or any other place outside of US make sure you take the following steps to protect yourself from scammers.
1) Buy from a seller who has a “” badge on the page (Almost all of them have it, which is good).
2) Make sure you place an order on “ebay.com” and not on any other partner site.
3) You must make the payment by using one of the following payment methods…
- Credit card or debit card processed through the seller’s Internet merchant account
- Bill Me Later
4) Report the case to eBay within the 45 days from the purchase date
If you have an issue with your order, first contact the seller and try to resolve the issue. If the issue is still not resolved, then contact “eBay Buyer Protection” program and they will work it out with the seller on your behalf. If the issue is still unresolved, eBay will refund your payment made to the seller.