How to Convert Flash Videos (.FLV) to .AVI .MPG .MOV .MP4 etc..
How to convert Flash Movies[tags]convert Flash Movies[/tags] (.FLV) to .AVI or .MPG or .MOV or .MP4 etc..
Here is the problem, these videos are downloaded in flash format i.e. .flv format which is not supported by traditional media players. This article will help you convert files in flash (.flv) to .avi, .mpeg or in any other desired format.
I did a little bit of research and found two free yet useful products which will help us convert media files format from .flv to avi or mpg or from .avi, mpg to .flv, etc…
- Riva FLV Encoder 2 (http://www.download.com/Riva-FLV-Encoder/3000-2140-10320097.html)
- SUPER 2007 Build 23 (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX -Related/SUPER.shtml or http://download.videohelp.com/download/SUPERsetup200723.exe)
I personally recommend “Super 2007 Build 23” as it supports a long list of media formats, offers more control to the user at the time of conversion and is easy to use.
Download Super 2007 Build 23 from Here (The file is fairly huge, 26.7MB)
How to Convert[tags]How to convert[/tags] from .FLV to .AVI or .MPG using SUPER 2007
- Once the download is complete, Double click on the file and follow the wizard to install Super 2007 Build 23
- Run the software once the installation is complete
- From the first option “Select the output container” you can select .avi, .mpg, .mov, .asf, .mp4 and lot of other available formats.
- From the second option “Select the output video codec” DivX, XviD, MPEG1, MPEGII, MPEG4, etc…
- From the third option “Select the output Audio codec” you can select MP3,AAC, AC3, WAV, etc.
These are the three most important options you have to choose to change the format for the media file but do play around a little bit with the other options to get a high quality video after conversion.
Now select the video you want to convert, you can either drag & drop the media file you want to convert or just right click and select “Add multimedia file(s)” to select the file as shown in the picture below. Once you select the video files you want to convert, hit “Encode (Active Files)” button to start the conversion.
How to convert Flash Video .FVL to .AVI, .MPG etc.. using Riva FLV Encoder (Riva converts FLV to AVI and MPG and it’s very easy to use however the quality of the video after conversion is debatable.)
- Download Riva FLV Encoder 2 from here (4.7 MB)
- Double-click on the file to run the installation wizard once the download is completed
- Run the software after the installation is complete
- Select the media file you want to convert from “Input Video File”
- In “destination video file” change the format extension from .flv to .avi or .mpg
- Now hit “FLV Encode”, you are done!
Play around with the other options for better results.
I hope this helps everyone who is trying to convert.FLV [tags]convert .FLV[/tags] or any other media type. Thanks to Mike for requesting an article on how to convert FLV to AVI, we should have done this long ago